Thursday, July 2, 2015

Who Am I?

I never thought I would ever be the type to blog but if I can help just one person I would say it is worth it. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Marical (pronounced like Miracle) I am No one special just a new mommy whose goal is to make sure her son grows up the best way possible. A year ago I was a security officer just chomping at the bit for an opportunity to be a police officer, I have always wanted to be a cop to make a real difference in someone's life. When I found out I was pregnant by my high school sweetheart I was nervous about my dream and how I could still make it work, but just knew I would still do it no matter what. I was hard headed (still am at times) about what all I wanted. Then on March 23, 2015 at 9:34 am I then realized that my life would no longer be about me it was about this precious baby boy that had just made his way out of my belly and into my arms. I was as my sister would say "smitten" by him. I knew that everything had changed. I went from worrying about getting the weight off as quickly as unhumanly possible so I could hurry and get into academy, to making sure baby Jax felt safe, secure, and loved in this all too new of a world. I made the choice to breastfeed my son with the encouragement from my two older sisters and my wonderful fiancĂ©. I will be honest if it wasn't for them I would have quit on week two, but boy am I glad I didn't. This blog is simply to help new moms and their choice to breastfeed or formula feed. (you obviously know which one I am partial to). The decision to breastfeed is beautiful, and will help your baby immensely, because as all new mommies know and learn that it is no longer about them, it is about the two of you. Oh and lets not forget about the adult children too. Yes, I am talking about the spouse. Peyton is a wonderful dad and happens to be the best partner in crime a girl could ever want, but lets admit it ladies, between balancing a new child, breastfeeding, and keeping up a healthy relationship with your spouse, it can be a bit challenge. That's why I made this blog; to help new mommies, to share funny stories, and of course to get as many mama's breastfeeding as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Love your story! Cute baby! Breast is best! -Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Breast milk is always the right temperature, shapes gums for proper teeth alignment, and comes in unique containers! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete